[R] checking a package: make error 255

Ulrich Halekoh Ulrich.Halekoh at agrsci.dk
Mon Aug 11 14:14:11 CEST 2003

 checking a self constructed r-package 'dataRep'

I get the following  error message
 and would like to know an explanation for it.

(I use: R version: Version 1.7.1  (2003-06-16), OS: Windows 2000, Rtools installed)

I:\Biometri\UHHSHD>rcmd check dataRep
* checking for working latex ... OK
* using log directory 'I:/Biometri/UHHSHD/dataRep.Rcheck'
* checking for file 'dataRep/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* checking if this is a source package ... OK

make: *** [pkg-dataRep] Error 255
*** Installation of dataRep failed ***

installing R.css in I:/Biometri/UHHSHD/dataRep.Rcheck

* checking package directory ... OK
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
* checking index information ... OK
* checking package subdirectories ... OK
* checking Rd files ... OK
* checking for undocumented objects ... ERROR
Error in .find.package(package, lib.loc) :

the error log  00check.log shows:

* using log directory 'I:/Biometri/UHHSHD/dataRep.Rcheck'
* checking for file 'dataRep/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* checking if this is a source package ... OK
* checking package directory ... OK
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
* checking index information ... OK
* checking package subdirectories ... OK
* checking Rd files ... OK
* checking for undocumented objects ... ERROR
Error in .find.package(package, lib.loc) :

Ulrich Halekoh
Danish Institute of Agricultural Sciences
denmark
ulrich.halekoh at agrsci.dk