[R] Replacing underscore character in Windows GUI

kjetil brinchmann halvorsen kjetil at entelnet.bo
Wed Aug 13 04:35:47 CEST 2003

On 12 Aug 2003 at 17:38, nels.tomlinson.1 wrote:

I thought one of the reasons for removing the underscore as synonym
to <- was that at some later point it could be reintroduced in the
grammar, for example as a valid part of variable names.

If this is the case, this suggestion is a bad idea. Better to forget
the habvit of using _ for assignment! Maybe this reemplacement of _
with <- will be removed from ess too?

Kjetil Halvorsen