[R] Contour plot for arbitrary (x,y,z)

Ronnen Levinson RML27 at cornell.edu
Wed Aug 13 21:25:23 CEST 2003

Hello.

Is there an easy-to-use contour plot function analogous to scatterplot3d
that can draw handle a dataset of arbitrary (x,y,z) triplets? That is,
say x, y, and z are each measured quanties, and exhibit neither order
nor regularity.

I looked at the lattice package function "contourplot" but it seems
complicated, and it's not clear from the documentation whether it can
handle arbitrary (x,y) values. I'm looking for something like the base
package "contour" function that does not make any assumptions about (x,y,z).

Thanks,

Ronnen.