[R] Simple C-R interface, SEXP and other declarations

Ari Kahn akahn1 at gmu.edu
Thu Aug 14 17:44:46 CEST 2003

I am trying to integrate OpenOffice Calc (OO) with R.  One of the steps I am
taking is to create a very simple command line C program with the R shared
lib embedded in it.  It would simply pass an R/S expression to R, print the
result, and catch errors.  I know this is "overkill," but it is a step
toward something larger.

Has anyone done this before?  If so, I would love to check out the code.

Anyway, when I try to follow the general theme on
http://developer.r-project.org/embedded.html
I get some errors during compilation.

Where are things like "eval_R_command()" and "SEXP" defined?  I.e. What do I
need to include to get these?

g++ -g -Wall -c hello.cc
g++ -g -Wall -c doit.cc
g++ -g -Wall -c myR.cc -L/usr/local/lib/R/bin -lR
myR.cc: In function `int eval_R_command()':
myR.cc:34: `SEXP' undeclared (first use this function)
.
(A bunch more errors)
.
make: *** [myR.o] Error 1