[R] nls confidence intervals

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Thu Aug 14 18:14:01 CEST 2003

Regarding the accuracy of the Taylor series approximation, my favorite
reference is Bates & Watts (1988) Nonlinear Regression Analysis and Its
Applications (Wiley, esp. pp. 255-260).  Recently, Brian Ripley also
Chambers & Hastie (1992) Statistical Models in S (Wadsworth, ch. 10) and
Venables & Ripley, Modern Applied Statistics in S.  Unfortunately, I
don't see predict.nls (or anything similar) in the index of any of these
sources.

hope this helps.  spencer graves