[R] menubutton don´t work

M.Kondrin mkondrin at hppi.troitsk.ru
Sat Aug 16 04:52:03 CEST 2003

solares at unsl.edu.ar wrote:
> Why the variable  archOp does not take the value that be chosen in the
> menubutton?, therefore always remains as a white one, I intend to charge
> the direccion of open files in a vector and then to elect with the
> menubutton with which to work but not functions thanks.Ruben
>
> library(tcltk)
> arch<-tclVar(init=" ")
> archOp<-tclVar(init=" ")
> vectPath<-c()
> archivos<-function(){
>  f<-tkcmd("tk_getOpenFile")
>  temparch<-tclvalue(f)
>  assign("vectPath",c(vectPath,temparch),.GlobalEnv)
>  cant<-length(vectPath)
>  arch<-vectPath[cant]
>  tkconfigure(mb,state="normal")
>  tkadd(m, "radio", label=arch, variable="archOp", value=arch)
>  tkconfigure(b2,state="normal")
> }
> ver<-function(n){
>  tabla<-read.table(n,header=TRUE,comment.char="@")
>  nbre<-names(tabla)
>  tabla
> }
> tt<-tktoplevel()
> b<-tkbutton(tt,text="abrir",command=function()archivos())
> tkpack(b)
>
> tkpack(mb <- tkmenubutton(tt, text="Datos",state="disabled"))
> m <- tkmenu(mb,tearoff=FALSE)
> tkconfigure(mb,menu=m)
> b2<-tkbutton(tt,text="Ver",command=function()ver(arch),state="disabled")
> tkpack(b2)

archOp<-tclVar(init=" ")
tkadd(m, "radio", label=arch, variable="archOp", value=arch)
You have assigned R variable archOp to tk radio-menu. But in tcl
interpreter archOp has different name and you may find it by command
ls(envir=archOp) (something like ::RTclxxx). You should pass this name
as variable parameter to tkadd(m, "radio", label=arch,
variable=ls(envir=archOp), value=arch)