[R] rterm not shutting down from ESS on Win32

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Sat Aug 16 00:21:29 CEST 2003

"Jeff D. Hamann" <jeff_hamann at hamanndonald.com> writes:

> I've been having problems with Rterm.exe not shutting down when I exit an R
> (1.7.0 and 1.7.1) session from within emacs when using ESS. I've just
> upgraded to 5.1.24 and still have the same problems. I'm running ntemacs and
> winxp. I don't recall having these troubles with version 1.6.2 of R.

Known problem.  R-core claims its an Emacs problem.  It's not an ESS
problem, but we are looking into it.  Might not be solvable.  We'll
see...  (I'll have better access to a Windows box soon).

best,
-tony

--
A.J. Rossini
rossini at u.washington.edu            http://www.analytics.washington.edu/

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachme...{{dropped}}