[R] Command line R / PHP?

Zitan Broth zitan at mediasculpt.net
Wed Aug 20 14:24:57 CEST 2003

Greetings All,

Just a quick query about calling R.  Looking through the manual you start R
with $ R, and then start calling R functions e.g plot whatever.  Sounds
pretty funky, and R looks to be *the* open source maths package.  Awesome
...  I would like to call R from my favourite glue language PHP (rather than
call perl which calls R) if possible.  To call R from the command line is
all this would require and this also seems quite possible ::

    Batch use: At its simplest, Rterm.exe can be used in a batch mode by
commands like
        Rterm.exe --no-restore --no-save < infile > outfile

And there is more information on this in section B.1 Invoking R under UNIX
cool.

However what I can't find is how to specify what function I want to run on
my infile, say calculate standard deviation or means or linear regression
and getting probabilities translations for t-statistics.  Have I missed this
in the docs?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.   Awesome and a big thanks.

Z.