[R] R is mentioned on Linux Today

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Thu Aug 21 10:21:39 CEST 2003

    BeT> Hi all, people who don't follow Linux Today regularly
    BeT> may want to check out:

    BeT> http://linuxtoday.com/developer/2003082000626OSSVDV

    BeT> My apologies if this is considered spam.

Definitely not.
As a matter of fact, these are links to two articles the first
of which (IBM Developerworks) was already posted here about
two days ago.

The reason I'm "wasting bandwidth" here is the 2nd one,
from the UK Linuxuser journal,
     http://www.linuxuser.co.uk/articles/issue32/lud32-R.html
This one is really amazing by its quality.  It's author, Ramin
Nakisa (I've BCC'ed him), really writes like a professional
journalist but at the same time was able to get very good inside
information particularly about the history of S and R -- I found
that he even contributed a (valid!) bug report for R several
years ago.
Thank you, Ramin!

Regards,

Martin Maechler <maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch>	http://stat.ethz.ch/~maechler/
Seminar fuer Statistik, ETH-Zentrum  LEO C16	Leonhardstr. 27
ETH (Federal Inst. Technology)	8092 Zurich	SWITZERLAND
phone: x-41-1-632-3408		fax: ...-1228			<><