[R] ODBC Oracle access

Marc Mamin M.Mamin at intershop.de
Tue Aug 26 10:02:08 CEST 2003

Hallo Toby,

Did you check the ODBC connection independently from R?
there is an Oracle tool for this (under Menu Network Administration).

I'm doing fine with a simpler call to odbcConnect:

channel <-odbcConnect("MyDSN",uid="myuid",pwd="mypwd")
further parameters may not be necessary if you pay attention to only use
uppercase names, and I guess that "believeNRows" is superfluous with the
latest Oracle ODBC Client(s) if it is well configured.

HTH,

Marc Mamin