[R] diamond graphs

Barry Rowlingson B.Rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Aug 26 16:23:28 CEST 2003

Can I just check something? If I write some code in R to produce these
diamond graphs - I reckon 20-30 lines should do it - and post it to
R-help, have I broken the law if there's a patent on them? If I produce
these graphs using a pen, paper and my own artistic skill, will that
make me liable to a jail term? Will my code or artistic efforts be okay
if I pay the originators a fee and put a 'licensed diamond-graph
producer #55243' logo at the bottom?

  Now I'm starting to worry that SCO will claim they hold copyrights on
histograms.

Baz