[R] GWplot

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Wed Aug 27 11:45:50 CEST 2003

    Jason> For anyone wishing to see R-Tcl/Tk-MySQL in action (Windows XP)...
    Jason> http://moffett.isis.ucla.edu/gwplot/

    Jason> Examples were by far the most useful learning tool
    Jason> during my programming endeavors so I hope this may
    Jason> help in your own projects.

Thank you, Jason.  I like this spirit of sharing!
This looks very interesting for a project we will start here in
a few weeks.  From reading the above web page, it's not clear
why you say
    >> The current version of GWplot is designed for Windows 2000/XP
when all the tools you say you are using are typically part of
every Linux distribution (and also available probably for every
platform R runs apart from classic MacOS).

What problems do you see using this outside of Win-Xp?
Regards,
Martin Maechler <maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch>	http://stat.ethz.ch/~maechler/
Seminar fuer Statistik, ETH-Zentrum  LEO C16	Leonhardstr. 27
ETH (Federal Inst. Technology)	8092 Zurich	SWITZERLAND
phone: x-41-1-632-3408		fax: ...-1228			<><