[R] (no subject)

giovanni caggiano gcaggiano at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 28 17:53:27 CEST 2003

Dear All,
A couple of questions about the nls package.

1. I'm trying to run a nonlinear least squares
regression but the routine gives me the following
error message:

 step factor 0.000488281 reduced below `minFactor' of
0.000976563

even though I previously wrote the following command:
nls.control(minFactor = 1/4096), which should set the
minFactor to a lower level than the default one,
1/1024=0.000976563.
Is there any way of setting the new minfactor to a
lower level?

2. Is it possible to set some constraints upon the
parameters to be estimated in a nls regression?

Thanks,
Giovanni