[R] with for objects

Hadley Wickham h.wickham at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Dec 1 21:33:40 CET 2003

Why not? A data frame is a convenient way of grouping related data
together.  So is an object.  Writing with(expr, a + b) is just shorthand
for writing expr$a + expr$b, so why shouldn't I be able to write
with(obj, a + b) for obj at a + obj at b?

I'm not keen to write a plot method because I'm trying to create a more
generalised way of exploring data stored in objects.  For example, with
microarray data from bioconductor, I might want to do one MA for all the
data, or one for each printtip.

Hadley