[R] Rd Files?

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Wed Dec 3 10:01:12 CET 2003

"Philippe Grosjean" <phgrosjean at sciviews.org> writes:

> Well, writing a quick and durty help for a function with a few lines of
> comment above or below the function code ("a la Matlab") should be nice. I
> don't think that it should be a good idea to provide a complex alternative
> solution for documenting the functions than the current mechanism which is
> both powerful and efficient (but, of course, a little bit complex). Here is
> a "quick and durty" implementation of a mechanism to include "quick and
> durty" help messages inside the code of an R function. I guess this is
> enough.

That's a nice quicky and dirty solution.  Works in simple cases, but
fails the "works in all cases".  But a 90-percent solution is probably
enough for the task at hand, especially for software limited to
individual deployment.

However, note that it's the basic idea behind the Doxygen framework,
which does a more robust job of parsing and documenting.

best,
-tony

--
rossini at u.washington.edu            http://www.analytics.washington.edu/
Biomedical and Health Informatics   University of Washington

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachme...{{dropped}}