[R] multidimensional Fisher or Chi square test

Arne.Muller@aventis.com Arne.Muller at aventis.com
Wed Dec 3 14:34:32 CET 2003

Hello,

Is there a test for independence available based on a multidimensional
contingency table?

I've about 300 processes, and for each of them I get numbers for failures and
successes. I've two or more conditions under which I test these processes.

If I had just one process to test I could just perform a fisher or chisquare
test on a 2x2 contigency table, like this:

for one process:
        conditionA	conditionB
ok      20			6
failed  190			156

>From the table I can figure out if the outcome (ok/failed) is bound to one of
the conditions for a process. However, I'd like to know how different the 2
conditions are from each other considering all 300 processes, and I consider
the processes to be an additional dimension.

My H0 is that both conditions are overall (considering all processes) the
same.

Could you give me a hint what kind of test of package I should look into?

	kind regars + thanks for your help,

	Arne