[R] amap : hclust agglomeration

Thomas W Blackwell tblackw at umich.edu
Wed Dec 3 15:06:29 CET 2003

Thomas  -

"sup" stands for "supremum" or "maximum".  The criterion for
complete linkage clustering is that the two groups with the
smallest maximum distance between any of their members will
be joined at each stage.

(I dare say you will have recieved many similar responses
already, but none on-list, so I venture to add one more.)

-  tom blackwell  -  u michigan medical school  -  ann arbor  -