[R] checking for identical columns in a mxn matrix

Rajarshi Guha rxg218 at psu.edu
Wed Dec 3 19:06:10 CET 2003

Hi,
  I have a rectangular matrix and I need to check whether any columns
are identical or not. Currently I'm looping over the columns and
checking each column with all the others with identical().

However, as experience has shown me, getting rid of loops is a good idea
:) Would anybody have any suggestions as to how I could do this job more
efficiently.

(It would be nice to know which columns are identical but thats not a
necessity.)

Rajarshi Guha <rxg218 at psu.edu> <http://jijo.cjb.net>
GPG Fingerprint: 0CCA 8EE2 2EEB 25E2 AB04 06F7 1BB9 E634 9B87 56EE