[R] add a point to regression line and cook's distance

jonathan_li@agilent.com jonathan_li at agilent.com
Thu Dec 4 02:40:21 CET 2003

It is likely that the "true" relationship is nonlinear. There isn't a priori knowledge about linearity. In the small range where we do have enough data, the relationship
looks linear. Outside the range, the data are very scarse and have high level of noises too.
This is why adding (0,0) to the data can potentially improve the fit a great deal. But at the
same time, I have never heard people doing it this way.

Jonathan