[R] R^2 analogue in polr() and prerequisites for polr()

Christoph Lehmann christoph.lehmann at gmx.ch
Tue Dec 9 07:40:08 CET 2003

many thanks! I was just asking for a r-square analogue, since the
students I will present the results to, might like to know, how the
measure of fit in an ordinal regression (e.g. the residual deviance)
compare to measures they know (from introductory courses to linear
regression) (such as the r-square), means: how much of the variance of
the dependent variable can be explained by the variance of the
independent variables.

thanks and best regards

christoph

--