[R] How to calculate standard error for a vector?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Wed Dec 10 10:33:29 CET 2003

      Have you read "An Introduction to R" and "The R Language
Definition" that comes with the R installation?  Try "help.start()".
Also, there are several good introductions downloadable from
"www.r-project.org".  I suggest you also consider "lm" = linear model, e.g.,

      fit <- lm(y~x, dataFrame)  # where "y" and "x" are columns of the
data.frame "dataFrame"
      fit
      summary(fit)
      anova(fit)

      Also, try "help.search('t test')".  A more specific question may
yield a more specific answer, especially if accompanied by a few lines
of R code providing a toy example that you've tried and couldn't make
work.

      hope this helps.
      spencer graves