[R] extensive grid docs?

Jeff D. Hamann jeff.hamann at forestinformatics.com
Wed Dec 10 22:23:43 CET 2003

I'm looking for extensive docs on using grid (for the somewhat newbie). I'm
attempting to create a set of graphics that look similar to the attached
image (I hope this doesn't get bounced) and have only come across the R
newsletters and it appears that grid was new as of 1.8.0? I think the best
way to proceed is to create the plot, clip it using a polygon, then manually
add the annotation. Is that correct?

I couldn't find much on the FAQ regarding creating really goofy plots with
grid and any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff.

---
Jeff D. Hamann