[R] Binomial distribution & Catherine Loader's paper

Marc Schwartz MSchwartz at medanalytics.com
Thu Dec 11 21:38:59 CET 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 13:23, Aries Arditi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been trying, without success to find a copy of the paper, by Catherine
> Loader, that describes the algorithn underlying the rbinom() and associated
> functions.  The title is "Fast and Accurate Computation of Binomial
> Probabilities." All of the links to the paper that I've seen (including in
> the R docs) lead nowhere (i.e. are 404). I've sent Dr. Loader several
> emails, but have not received a response.
>
> Does anyone have a copy of this paper?
>
> Please reply directly to me as I'm not a subscriber to this list.
>
> Thank you.

A quick Google search turns up the following:

http://kiefer.stat.cwru.edu/~catherine/

That is her main contact page.  There is a list of publications here:

http://kiefer.stat.cwru.edu/~catherine/pubs.html

There is a link to the paper (as a Postscript file) at the bottom of
that page, however the link appears to be dead.

You can e-mail her using catherine at cwru.edu

HTH,

Marc Schwartz