[R] Session Logging

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Fri Dec 12 21:48:11 CET 2003

Yes.  I work with ESS and xemacs--it is an awesome system.  Does not only do
session logging, but allows you to "step" through a saved session,
performing all of the commands just as before, skipping over output.  You
can also "clean" a session to get only the commands (all else stripped out).
Version control is possible if you write large code chunks.  Also, you can
edit objects in another frame while your r-process is running.  There is
also completion functionality, so you can type part of a function, press
tab, and have it completed (or options offered).  Finally, there is history
(just like using readline-enabled command-line).

http://www.analytics.washington.edu/Zope/wikis/ess/FrontPage

Sean