[R] help with random numbers and Rmpi

Faheem Mitha faheem at email.unc.edu
Mon Dec 15 09:18:40 CET 2003

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003, A.J. Rossini wrote:

> Did you make sure that you loaded the library that contains the C
> code on the remote hosts?

No, I only loaded the library on the local node (master).

However, I'm not sure how I should do so. If I simply start up R on the
remote hosts and load up the library, I presume this would not be any use,
since the master spawns its own R slaves?

So, the question would be how to get the R slaves to load up the library
and I don't see any obvious way of doing this (using snow functions).

I must be missing something. Do I need to work at a lower level?

Thanks for replying.

                                                          Faheem.