[R] packages for ecologists - summary

Mon Dec 15 15:53:16 CET 2003

Dear R user,

I asked for packages which should be mentioned in a ecological related
presentation of R and would like to summarize the replies.

First of all E. Paradis pointed out, that he would prefer to see R presented

in a different way, please read his whole reply https://
www.stat.math.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2003-December/041951.html.

Packages which has been recommended are:

WISP
http://www.ruwpa.st-and.ac.uk/estimating.abundance/WiSP/

ape
www.stat.uni-muenchen.de/~strimmer/ publications/ape2003.pdf

phylogr

http://www.stat.ucl.ac.be/ISdidactique/Rhelp/library/PHYLOGR/html/00Index.html

genetics
cran.r-project.org/doc/packages/genetics.pdf

VEGAN
http://cc.oulu.fi/~jarioksa/softhelp/vegan.html

ADE4
http://pbil.univ-lyon1.fr/ADE-4/ADE-4.html

Spatstat
http://www.maths.uwa.edu.au/~adrian/spatstat.html

geoR
http://www.est.ufpr.br/geoR/

grasp-R
http://www.fivaz.ch/grasper/index.html

nlme
packages.r-project.org/nlme/

and a lot of the packages already included in the R base installation like

glm, gam (in mgcv), glm.nb (in MASS), glmmPQL (in MASS)

thanks a lot to the contributers, regards Martin

On Tuesday 09 December 2003 21:26, Martin Wegmann wrote:
> Hello R-user,
>
> sorry for this very off-topic question.
>
> But I shall present R to my dept. (pro's and con's and what it can do).

> The pro's and con's are easy but not what R can do (additional to the
> "normal" statistics).
> I looked through the packages, but the enormous amount of packages makes
it
> very difficult for me to decide which one is worth mentioning.
>
> I used only a small part of all R packages (mainly recommended packages
and
> grasper) and would like to know which package for ecologist has to be
> mentioned.
>
> I would greatly appreciate if you can tell me which packages you think are

> very useful for ecolgical research in R e.g. vegan, ade4, ...
>
> thanks in advance, regards Martin

Horoskop, Comics, VIPs, Wetter, Sport und Lotto im WEB.DE Screensaver1.2