[R] mailing list for basic questions - preliminary sum up

Jonathan Baron baron at psych.upenn.edu
Tue Dec 16 16:31:32 CET 2003

On 12/16/03 16:09, Pascal A. Niklaus wrote:
>- In my experience even *very* basic questions *relating to the R
>language* do get answered on r-help. I'm impressed by how much time some
>members of the R core team spend answering relatively basic questions,
>and by how elaborate their answers generally are. So I cannot see much
>need for a new R mailing list. There are these excellent mailing list
>archives, so why "fragment" this list?

Yikes!  I now realize that my initial support of the idea for the
list must be qualified considerably.  If this list is started,
its archives become quite important.  Who will do that?  And will
I have the time/energy/inclination to incorporate it into my own
search database?  I'd rather not have one more thing to do.  But
if the list gets off the ground - and it seems already at least
close to the end of the runway - I'll have to do it eventually in
order to have a complete archive.

Jon
Home page:            http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~baron
R page:               http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/