[R] Difference between summary.lm() and summary.aov()

Alexander Sirotkin [at Yahoo] alex_s_42 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 16 22:52:27 CET 2003

Thanks a lot to everybody. Two more questions, if you
don't mind :

How anova() treats non-categorical variables, such as
severity in my case ? I was under impression that
ANOVA is defined for categorical variables only.

I read about drop1() and I understand that it performs
F-test for nested models, correct me if I'm wrong. It
is unclear to me, however, how it manages to do this
F-test for interactions ?

Thanks a lot.