[R] mailing list for basic questions - preliminary sum up

(Ted Harding) Ted.Harding at nessie.mcc.ac.uk
Wed Dec 17 15:21:29 CET 2003

On 17-Dec-03 Peter Flom wrote:
> After thinking this over, I think it's a good idea to have the beginner
> list (and I have subscribed).
> [...]
> What do others think?  Has anyone else subscribed to the beginner list
> yet?
>
> Peter

Perhaps there has now been enough discussion of whether such a list
is a good idea; it should now go ahead and prove its usefulness and
desirability (or not) in practice.

I also think that it would be very useful for more experienced R users,
if so inclined, to subscribe to it (I have done so).

As to questions going to the beginners' list rather than r-help,
the more experienced members could usefully propose that someone's
question would be a good one for r-help.

Let's see how it goes, and support Martin Wegman's initiative.

Best wishes to all,
Ted.

Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 167 1972
Date: 17-Dec-03                                       Time: 14:21:29