[R] Session log file...

Pascal A. Niklaus Pascal.Niklaus at unibas.ch
Wed Dec 17 16:52:07 CET 2003

Hi all,

I tried to save a complete log of a R session we had in a seminar
today... but I didn't succeed.

1) R | tee session.log
This saves both input and output, but I do get the cursor key escape
sequences from editing (cursor-up to get last command etc) instead of
the actual command line executed.

2) savehistory
Gets commands only, not the output

3) sink
Gets output, without the commands producing them

I'm sure I'm not the first one encountering this problem - there's for
sure a solution, but I didn't manage to find it. If there is no such
thing, would it make sense to add such a function to R?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Pascal

PS: I'm using R 1.8.1 from a linux terminal window