[R] ESS tab completion for file names

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Thu Dec 18 16:34:30 CET 2003

Alternatively, C-c TAB might work.

"Pascal A. Niklaus" <Pascal.Niklaus at unibas.ch> writes:

> Sean Davis wrote:
>
>>I don't think that this works within the R process buffer, but I could be
>>wrong.  Does the documentation say that it should somewhere?
>>
>>Sean
>>
> The ESS doc says (section 3.2):
>
> Completion is also provided over file  names, which is particularly
> useful when using S functions such as get() or scan() (...) whenever
> the cursor is within an S string, pressing TAB completes the file name
> before point, and also expands any '~' or environment variable
> references.
>
> So this should work, but maybe something is wrong with my configuration?
>
> Pascal

rossini at u.washington.edu            http://www.analytics.washington.edu/
Biomedical and Health Informatics   University of Washington
Biostatistics, SCHARP/HVTN          Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
UW (Tu/Th/F): 206-616-7630 FAX=206-543-3461 | Voicemail is unreliable
FHCRC  (M/W): 206-667-7025 FAX=206-667-4812 | use Email

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachme...{{dropped}}