[R] symbolic and algebraic computation

Wolfgang Lindner LindnerW at t-online.de
Thu Dec 18 21:48:51 CET 2003

Dear Angel,

> I needed a symbolic and algebraic computation software. The best solution
> I've found so far is maxima computer algebra system.

Maybe there is also the CAS MuPAD of interest, which has the look and feel of
maple, works under Linux, Mac and Windows - and has a free academic version,
called MuPAD-Light. This free version is mathematical fully functional, comes
with full documentation, but has only a rudimentary GUI, e.g. only allows to
edit the last line - so you has sometimes to copy and past ... ;-)
Give it a try.

Here are the pointers:

in general:
http://www.mupad.de/
http://www.mupad.de/schule/en/

Download, approx. 20 MB:
http://www.mupad.de/schule+studium/download/mupad_light_250_win.exe
http://www.mupad.de/schule+studium/download/mupad_light_250_linux_bin.tgz

30-days-eval of profi version:
http://www.mupad.de/schule+studium/download/mupad_pro_de_250_win.exe
http://www.mupad.de/schule+studium/download/mupad_pro_252_macosx.img.gz

best whishes
          Wolfgang
Wolfgang Lindner                     Lindner at math.uni-duisburg.de
Universität Duisburg-Essen, Campus Duisburg
Fakultaet 4 - Institut fuer Mathematik, Gebaeude: LE  Zimmer: 424
Lotharstr. 65                              Tel: +49 0203 379-1326
D-47048  Duisburg                          Fax: +49 0203 379-2528