[R] R and Sybase

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Dec 19 01:48:25 CET 2003

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 05:37:49PM -0500, David James wrote:
> AFAIK the only way to connect to Sybase from R is with the RODBC
> package, so you need to have an ODBC driver for Sybase -- either
> one provided by Sybase or the FreeTDS ODBC driver from www.freetds.org.

Seconded -- we did that recently at work with RODBC && unixODBC && FreeTDS,
all sitting on Solaris. Everything pretty much works out of the box, and it
was a little tedious to build everything.  I see no reason why that
shouldn't work the same on Linux.

Dirk

--
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
                                                -- Groucho Marx