[R] draft of posting guide

Wolski wolski at molgen.mpg.de
Mon Dec 22 20:32:15 CET 2003

Hi!

The guide are in my opinion much to long.
If someone posts a question to the mailing list its because he likes to get a answer (fast?).
The "Introduction" proposed by Peter Flom and the "Homework before posting" section will do it in my opinion.
The part:
"Homework before posting a question. " is enough.
It may be better to call it:
"How to find answers to urgent questions"

All this "stuff" about how to behave, and ask questions is superfluous in my opinion.  If you don't understand the question don't answer. If you don't have time to answer don't do it. If you don't understand the answers look for it somewhere else. If someone is rude on the mailing list I can ignore him. If I do not like answers from someone  I simply don't open the mails (Or put him into the spam filter if you are paranoic). If I don't like questions from someone I do the same. Its not public traffic, the underground, or the street, where you can't avoid contact with the smoke if someone are smoking ore where you have to leave the train if someone stinks or where you have to fight if someone is attacking someone else.

I am very happy and I like the R-help list how it is.

So, Merry Christmas to all of you!

Eryk