[R] Rd.sty not found -

Arnab mukherji arnab at myrealbox.com
Tue Dec 23 08:20:43 CET 2003

Hi

 I  am still trying to wrap up a package using Rcmd (in windows 2000 professional with R 1.8.1). I have made some progress - and now at least Rcmd check works - it still giving me an error message when it creates latex help files though. Thus I get:

c:\rpack> Rcmd check test
* checking for working latex ... OK
* using log directory 'C:/rpacks/test.Rcheck'
* checking for file 'test/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* checking if this is a source package ... OK

---------- Making package test ------------
  adding build stamp to DESCRIPTION
  installing R files
  installing man source files
  installing indices
  installing help
 >>> Building/Updating help pages for package 'test'
     Formats: text html latex example
  test                              text    html    latex   example
 >>> Building/Updating help pages for package 'test'
     Formats: chm
make[2]: `test.chm' is up to date.
  adding MD5 sums

installing R.css in C:/rpacks/test.Rcheck

* checking Rd \usage sections ... OK
* checking examples ... OK
* creating test-manual.tex ... OK
* checking test-manual.tex ... ERROR
LaTeX errors when creating DVI version.
This typically indicates Rd problems.

Everything is handled smoothly except for creating the test-manual. I looked at the error log and it told me that this was due to :

! LaTeX Error: File `Rd.sty' not found.

Now I do have Rd.sty in my $HOME\share directory - so i tried to check the configurations of MikTeX. I even tried adding the share directory to PATH to see if that helped; it didn't.  I am not sure what else I can do to get MikTeX to recognize Rd.sty in the R directory.

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

thank you.

Arnab