[R] draft of posting guide

Patrick Burns pburns at pburns.seanet.com
Wed Dec 24 00:21:38 CET 2003

I think the idea of answering simple questions if it hasn't
been answered after 4 * runif(1) hours is a brilliant idea
(well done Tony -- I'm jealous).  However, a slight tweak
would be even better.

It should be

number of years you've used S times runif(1) hours.

This encourages more people to start answering questions.
While there has been some disagreement about other issues,
there seems to be consensus that building a large, strong
community of R users is a good thing.  Probably the easiest
way for people to contribute -- and hence feel a part of the
community -- is to respond to R-help questions.

(By the way, I'm not at all concerned that the "checklist" is
called "common mistakes".)

Patrick Burns

Burns Statistics
patrick at burns-stat.com