[R] draft of posting guide

Andrew C. Ward acward at uqconnect.net.au
Thu Dec 25 16:50:12 CET 2003

With respect to 'tone' and 'friendliness', perhaps all that is
meant or needed is that people be polite and respectful. There
is never any need for being rude, either from the asker of
questions or from the answerer. I shake my head as often at
rude answers as I do at ill-considered questions.

Regards,

Andrew C. Ward

CAPE Centre
Department of Chemical Engineering
The University of Queensland
Brisbane Qld 4072 Australia

On Tuesday, December 23, 2003 3:55 AM, Rolf Turner
[SMTP:rolf at math.unb.ca] wrote:
> This is in response to Gabor Grothendieck's commentary on Tony
> Plate's draft guidelines for question-askers, which was posted
> couple of days ago.
>
> I disagree, from mildly to vehemently with just about
everything