[R] installing packages on MAC os X

Sara Good-Avila sara.good-avila at acadiau.ca
Mon Dec 29 17:40:00 CET 2003

Hello,

I've just downloaded and installed the RAqua onto my Mac and I have R
up and running fine.  Now I'm trying to get 'ape' downloaded and
installed and having quite the difficulty.  I am following the
directions specified under 'Installing packages' where packages can be
downloaded and installed from within R.  I get the following error
messages:

1: argument 'lib' is missing: using ~/Library/RAqua/library in:
install.packages("ape")
2: Installation of package ape had non-zero exit status in:
install.packages("ape")

Can you please advise on what I am doing wrong?

thanks!

Sara Good-Avila

Sara V. Good-Avila,  http://ace.acadiau.ca/~savila/webpage/
Department of Biology Acadia University Wolfville, Nova Scotia Canada, B4P
2R6 Phone: (902) 585-1798 Fax -1059