[R] mgcv, gam

kjetil brinchmann halvorsen kjetil at entelnet.bo
Sun Feb 2 16:44:03 CET 2003

On 31 Jan 2003 at 10:40, Simon Wood wrote:

Thanks for the help. I will try out your suggestions. Some specific
comments:

> > I have some problems with gam in mgcv. Firts a detail: it would
> > be nice igf gam would accept an na.action argument, but that not the
> > main point.
> - I find it hard to think of a sensible action except dropping the
> associated data, but if you've a concrete suggestion I'm happy to add it
> to the "to do" list.

One other usefull action would be to add the possibility of using
na.exclude, which makes it necessary to rewrite (slightly)
the residuals and predict methods using
naresid and napredict.

And one other thing, of interest only for Simon Wood:
I tried to reply privately, but had the following problem: My
mail bounced, with the following explication:

The original message was received at Thu, 30 Jan 2003 10:07:13 +0400
(GMT)
from s250r.entelnet.bo [166.114.10.19]

<spam_manager at mcs.st-and.ac.uk>
    (reason: 550 5.7.1 Mail from 166.114.10.32 refused by blackhole
site blackholes.five-ten-sg.com as suspected spam.  If this e-mail is
not spam please e-mail spam_manager at mcs.st-and.ac.uk quoting this
message.)

... while talking to twopi.mcs.st-and.ac.uk.:
>>> MAIL From:<kjetil at entelnet.bo>
<<< 550 5.7.1 Mail from 166.114.10.32 refused by blackhole site
blackholes.five-ten-sg.com as suspected spam.  If this e-mail is not
spam please e-mail spam_manager at mcs.st-and.ac.uk quoting this
message.
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

Trying to write to spam_manager at etc then
produced the same type of response!

I cannot understand why this should be filtered as spam!

Thanks, Kjetil Halvorsen