[R] plot.gam for glm objects.

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Mon Feb 3 14:33:05 CET 2003

Dear Toby,

I think that you mean "partial-residual" (i.e., component+residual) plots
rather than "partial-regression" (i.e., added-variable) plots. In either
event, see the cr.plots and av.plots functions in the car package; both
have methods for GLMs.

I hope that this does what you need,
  John

At 05:11 PM 2/3/2003 +1100, Toby.Patterson at csiro.au wrote:
>All,
>
>I was wondering if someone had come across the problem of producing partial
>regression plots for glm objects in R?
>
>When using Splus in the past I have passed glm objects to the plot.gam
>function.
>To my knowledge this functionality isn't included in R ( I would be happily
>corrected here) and if someone had some code floating around to do this it
>would save me re-inventing wheels etc.

John Fox
Department of Sociology
McMaster University