[R] vectorized "leave one out" analyses

ripley@stats.ox.ac.uk ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Feb 3 20:42:02 CET 2003

There are jackknife functions about, but this is not jackknifing. Unless
popstat is itself vectorized (meaning I think that it can take list of
datasets, or perhaps a matrix)  I doubt if anything is better than (a).

Remember Jackson's rules of programming (which are quoted in `S
Programming').  Don't optimize until you need to.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk