[R] postscript: can't center plot

ripley@stats.ox.ac.uk ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Feb 6 00:04:03 CET 2003

You can't centre with paper = "special". You seemto be trying to set a
special *paper* size, and there is no way to do that: paper="special" says
make the paper size the same as the device region so there will never be a
margin.

This is really an issue for the PS device manager, which should be able to
decide how to print a document of size A on paper of size B: yours seems
to print at one corner of the page.  Normally with paper="special"
the R output contains no paper information at all.

If I understand you aright, you do want to reduce width and height but do
want a paper size (I nearly wrote `standard' there, but I presume it is a
non-Standard one like `letter').  Using width=6, height=8, paper="a4" will
centre on A4 with large margins.

Brian

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk