[R] Graphical display problem

ripley@stats.ox.ac.uk ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Feb 6 12:42:04 CET 2003

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, Sarah Lewis wrote:

> I have downloaded a copy of Rgui for windows, but I am having
> trouble visualising graphic imagines in this package. When I run
> the demo : demo (graphics) the system crashes and no graphs
> appear. I wonder if you could offer me some advice please?

Re-install Windows, or at least make sure your Windows installation has
nothing interfering with programs, like a screen manager.

Less drastically, try using a different Windows machine.

Assuming you downloaded rw1062.exe (Rgui for windows is not available
separately) and you checked the md5 sums (see the download area), this has
worked for very many other people and is most likely a problem in your OS
installation.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk