[R] (no subject)

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Thu Feb 6 15:31:05 CET 2003

On Wed, 05 Feb 2003 14:33:41 -0500, you wrote in message
<3E416715.97847709 at noaa.gov>:

>Hello everyone,
>
> I am a new beginner and I want to know how to use Splus object in R and how to convert each other?

You can often use "dump" to convert an object to a text representation
and have it usable in the other package.  This works for simple
objects like vectors, and should work for data frames (there might be
exceptions, I'm not sure).

For more complicated objects (e.g. the result of a linear model fit)
you'll probably find that the objects can't easily be transferred.

Functions can often be transferred, but there might be subtle changes
in behaviour (due to different libraries and scoping rules);  test
them very carefully.

Duncan Murdoch