[R] options(chmhelp = TRUE)

Sundar Dorai-Raj sundar.dorai-raj at pdf.com
Thu Feb 6 20:01:03 CET 2003

Hi all,
   Here's a curosity I ran into since upgrading to 1.6.2 (precompiled
for Windows). When using the chm help I get the following warning. I saw
a recent post regarding this as a new warning (``dyn.load warning
message in R1.6.2 on Windows XP'' dated 1/28/03), but not in the context
of the help system. The warning only appears once and does not prevent
the chm file from opening, so it's more of a minor annoyance. Should I
fill out a bug report?

R> ?ls # use Rd help
R> options(chmhelp = TRUE)
R> ?ls # use chm help
Warning message:
DLL attempted to change FPU control word from 8001f to 9001f
R> ?ls # open again, but this time no warning
R> version
          _
platform i386-pc-mingw32
arch     i386