[R] postgres/R access problems

Brendan Murray brendan at peblnz.com
Sun Feb 9 22:58:03 CET 2003

On Mon, 2003-02-10 at 10:01, Prof Brian D Ripley wrote:
> On 10 Feb 2003, Brendan Murray wrote:
>
> > I have a problem that has exhausted my ingenuity and would like pointers
> > to a solution, or at least where to debug.
> >
> > - I am using R and postgresql.
>
> And which R package are you using, which version, from which repository?

$ R --version
R 1.5.1 (2002-06-17).
$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql --version
psql (PostgreSQL) 7.2.1

repository? I didn't install this originally so I don't know where it
came from. The chap that did has left

Perhaps  the R version is a little past its use-by, but if nobody has
ever seen the error before then upgrading isn't necessarily going to fix
it. It will be my next step if nobody can give me some idea of what
isn't working.