[R] Periods instead of spaces in dataframe names?

Tom Arnold tarnold at smpllc.com
Tue Feb 11 18:44:02 CET 2003

Thanks to John, Sundar, and Peter Dalgaard for their quick and helpful (and
correct!) answers to my questions.

By explaining the check.names argument and the need to escape the "." to be
"\\." in gsub(), I now have several ways to solve the problem.

I also found the "strwrap" function, so now I can easily put neat titles on my
charts without manual formatting or retyping data.

The more I use R, the easier it gets. But without the help of the community of
users, I really would be stuck.

-Tom