[R] Problems with Rcmd check on Win 2000 & rw1062

Setzer.Woodrow@epamail.epa.gov Setzer.Woodrow at epamail.epa.gov
Tue Feb 11 20:32:03 CET 2003

TMPDIR seems to be OK:

> echo %TMPDIR%
C:/DOCUME~1/R5018~1.WOO/LOCALS~1/Temp

I'll poke around in the Perl code to see what I can find.

R. Woodrow Setzer, Jr.                        Phone: (919) 541-0128
Experimental Toxicology Division             Fax:  (919) 541-4284
Pharmacokinetics Branch
NHEERL B143-05; US EPA; RTP, NC 27711

                      ripley at stats.ox.a
                      c.uk                     To:       Woodrow Setzer/RTP/USEPA/US at EPA
                                               cc:       r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch
                      02/11/03 02:01 PM        Subject:  Re: [R] Problems with Rcmd check on Win 2000 & rw1062

Rcmd check uses TMPDIR, so what exactly do you have that set to?
It does look to me as if you do not have it set correctly, but you can
debug the Perl to find out what it is doing.

It certainly works for me iff TMPDIR is set correctly.

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 Setzer.Woodrow at epamail.epa.gov wrote:

> When I run Rcmd check on a package on my Windows 2000 machine, I get a
> series of error messages like the following:
>
> * checking generic/method consistency ...c:
\DOCUME~1\R5018~1.WOO\LOCALS~1\Temp/R
> utils138414013: cannot open
c:DOCUME~1R5018~1.WOOLOCALS~1Temp/Rin138408157: no s
> uch file
>
> It looks as if a Windows style path to the temp directory is not being
interpreted correctly, with backslashes not being properly escaped.
> However,
> I define three different environment variables to point to a temp
directory (TMP, TEMP, TMPDIR), and all definitions use forward slashes,

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk