[R] data manipulation function descriptions

Jason Bond jbond at arg.org
Fri Feb 14 02:15:06 CET 2003

Hello,

   I'm a recovering xlispstat user, and am trying to become a good R
user.  I've looked around on the CRAN doc website and have found quite a
few sets of documentation with various level of data manipulation function
descriptions (of what I've seen, most relatively low levels), and many with
examples of Rs use in statistical analyses.  Although I don't expect to get
my wish, ideally, it would be nice to have some sort of data manipulation
function guide for programmers.  I guess I'm somewhat of a different case,
as I know which functions that I want to use...I just don't know their
names...for example, all those great xlispstat functions like:

remove-duplicates
sort-data
combine
remove
reverse
butlast
first
case
which
mapcar
map-elements
all the string functions
and many many more,

descriptions of a few of which are spread out in various documents.  Part
of my problem is clinging to that which I know.  Anyway, any general advice
would be greatly appreciated.

   Jason