[R] RMySQL

r meeks rmeeksweb at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 15 17:52:04 CET 2003

I don't know if this is the proper forum but here goes:

I'm trying to install the RMySQL library under Windows XP.  The instructions
say to use reimp to create an R-compatible MySQL library file "libmysql.dll"
but when I try to run reimp I get the error "reimp: dlltool: No such file or
directory"

Obviously something is missing or can't be found but I can't tell what from
the message!  I'm using fresh downloads of mingw utils and the RMySQL
library.

And of course the library doesn't work in R - I get the message "Error in
testRversion(descfile) : This package has not been installed properly
See the Note in ?library" when I try to load it.

Other libraries work fine.  I realize this failure is due to the reimport
failure.

Any suggestions?

Bob Meeks